The IT Center operates high performance computers in order to support institutions and employees in terms of education and research.
All machines are integrated into one “RWTH Compute Cluster” running under the Linux operating system.
General information about usage of the RWTH Compute Cluster is described in this area - whereas information about programming the high performance computers is described in RWTH Compute Cluster - Parallel Programming.
All members of the RWTH Aachen University have free access to the RWTH Compute Cluster. But the amount of resources they can use is limited.
Above a certain threshold applications for more resources have to be submitted which then are reviewed. This application process is also open to external German scientists in institutions related to education and research. Please find related information here.
Please find information about how to get access to the system here.
You can get information about using and programming the RWTH Compute Cluster online on this website, or during our HPC related Events. For many of these Events, particularly turorials, we collect related material on our web site as well - see here. And then there are regular lectures, exercises and software labs of the Chair for HPC covering related topics.
2019-01-07, HPC Software News:
- New version XE2019-u02 of Intel VTune Amplifier installed and set to be the default version, after some to and fro.
2018-10-08, HPC Software News:
- TotalView debugger version 2018.3[.8] installed and set to be the default 'totalview' module
- Intel compiler version 19.0[..144] (Update 1) installed and set to be the 'intel/19.0' module. Previously-known by this name 220.127.116.11 moved to DEPRECATED area.
- Intel MPI 2019.1[.144] (Update 1) installed in BETA category. Do not use it on InfiniBand (old Bull cluster).
- Intel Advisor 2019 (Update 1, build 579143) installed and set to be the 'intelaxe' module.
- Intel Inspector 2019 (Update 1, build 579146) installed and set to be the 'intelixe' module.
- The Intel Trace Anaylzer and Collector (ITAC) version 2019[.1.022] installed and set to be the 'intelitac' module.
Previous blog posts: