The IT Center operates high performance computers in order to support institutions and employees in terms of education and research.
All machines are integrated into one “RWTH Compute Cluster” running under the Linux operating system.
Information about programming of high performance computers on Linux is described in this area - whereas the documentation for the technical details and usage of the RWTH Compute Cluster can be found in RWTH Compute Cluster - Linux.
This page gives you a very brief introduction into High Performance Computing (HPC).
- A Short Introduction in High Performance Computing
- A Short Introduction in Performance Tuning
- HPC User's Guide (Primer)
- Parallelization and Parallelization Strategies
- Programming Languages und Compiler
- Tools for Debugging, Correctness Checking and Optimization
Beyond that most of the documentation is compiled in our HPC User's Guide (Primer).