You can embed videos from the RWTH streaming server anywhere in a course room where the editor is available. This could be a a "Page", a contribution in the "Forum", or a description of an "Assignment". In a previous step you have to upload the videos to the streaming server.
Using the resource "Labe" you can show a single video directly on the course room page. Here, the video can be played immediately. This form of presentation, however, needs much more space than a link to a separate "Page" containing videos. This might reduce the clarity and overview of the course room page.
Embedding videos using the editor (example: Page)
This description shows how to embed a video through the editor using "Page" as an example. Embedding videos in "Labels" and resources or activities works the same way everywhere else where the editor is available:
- Switch the course room to editing mode via "Turn editing on" in the upper right corner.
- Click "Add an activity or resource" in the section in which the video should be shown.
- Select the option "Page" and click "Add".
- Choose a name and optionally a description for your "Page". For example, add the titles of the videos in this page or a small description of their content.
- Click the content text field and then the button "Insert or edit audio/video file"
- In the new window, select the tab "Video" and click "Browse repositories...".
- Then select "Opencast Videos" in the list of repositories.
- Click on the video and then "Select this file". You will then be redirected back to the tab "Video".
- By clicking "Insert Media", the video will be inserted to the "Page". For technical reasons in some browser - for example in Firefox - you will see the error message "Kein Video mit unterstütztem Format und MIME-Type gefunden." Nevertheless, the video will be playable after saving the page.
- If required, add additional texts before or after the video, for example the title of the video or a short contents descripton. To add additional videos below the one you just added simply repeat the procedure described here.
- Save your "Page" by clicking "Save and go back to course".
The video can now be found on the course room page. After clicking on the page to open it all participants of the course can play and watch it.
For more information: