With the help of this service, employees of the RWTH Aachen University can conduct video, web and audio conferences ad hoc and without prior reservation of resources.
Through direct access to the service portal one can register as a host and create conference rooms and prepare invitations to the corresponding participants.
Participants do not have to have their own accounts and can also come from institutions that are not members of the DFN association.
Thus, it is possible to invite industrial partners or international discussion partners to a conference.
You can enter the platform on the following site: Login DFNconf
Please, go to the DFNconf Services page (https://my.conf.dfn.de/) and search for the RWTH Aachen University or choose the RWTH Aachen University from the list of organisations.
Log in with your username (format: ab123456) and password via the RWTH Single Sign-On.
After the log-in it is possible to create, to manage and to delete virtual conference rooms.
Creating a meeting room
To be able to conduct audio and video conferences, a meeting room is to be created at first.
Click on Neuer Meetingraum+. to create one.
Next, enter the name of the conference and choose the host PIN.
To change additional settings, click on Show in Mehr Einstellungen.
By changing the option Leistungsmerkmale des Meetingraums you can choose between a video and audio conference.
Click on Speichern to create the meeting room and generate an invitation template for the participants.
To change the meeting room settings or to deteate the meeting room, click on its name.
The generated invitation contains all relevant information concerning the conference and lists the access possibilities to join the conference.
Please, send this template via e-mail to invite participants to the conference.
Starting a conference
Starting a video conference via browser
All participants can reach the conference room via the link in the invitation
- for this purpose, please use the link from the passage With your Browser under Windows, MacOS, GNU/Linux
The conference is activated at the moment when one of the participants enters the host PIN and authorises hismself / herself as a host.
Please, make sure that no devices other than that of the host are authorised in the conference room before the host joins the conference.
The conference can start now.
Starting an audio conference
All participants can reach the conference room via the phone number in the invitation.
- for this purpose, dial the phone number provided in the passage With a telephone (audio only)
The conference is activated at the moment when one of the participants enters the host PIN and authorises himself / herself as a host.
- Enter the host PIN of the meeting room using your phone keys.
- Please, make sure that no devices other than that of the host are authorised in the conference room before the host joins the conference.
The conference can start now.
Other ways to join the conference
The participants can use other ways to join the conference. The following systems are supported by the DFN conference system:
- for more information see: https://www.conf.dfn.de/beschreibung-des-dienstes/zugangswege/pexip-client/
With a SIP/H.323 room system or SIP/H.323 software client
- for more information see: https://www.conf.dfn.de/beschreibung-des-dienstes/zugangswege/sip-h323/
- Skype for Business
- for more information see: https://www.conf.dfn.de/beschreibung-des-dienstes/zugangswege/skype-for-business/