The service "WiFi" provides a campus wide WiFi infrastructure.
Currently you will find two SSIDs (WLAN networks) at the RWTH.
- "eduroam" is available to all employees, students and members of other research organisations participating in the eduroam federation
- "RWTH-guests" is meant for guests, who do not have eduroam credentials.
eduroam (Education Roaming) is a is a federated roaming service that provides secure network access by authenticating a user with their owncredentials (from their home university) at all locations that provide the eduroam Service (www.eduroam.org).
|eduroam||Default SSID for RWTH members and users from other eduroam institutions.|
SSID or IoT-devices (Internet of Things). These are authorized per PSK (PreSharedKey).
|Default SSID for guests of the university, who do not have eduroam credentials.|
- 2x Cisco 8540 WLC (Wireless LAN Controller) in HA Cluster (direct 1:1 redundancy)
- 2x Cisco 6500 Wireless LAN Service Modul (WISM2)
- 1750 x Cisco Accesspoint Series
- 600 (out of support)
- 1550 (out of support)
- 1140 (out of support)
- 1250 (out of support)
- 1230/1240 (out of support)