First General Meeting of the Bull HPC User Group (BUX)
October 6th and 7th, 2011
Center for Computing and Communication
Kindly supported by:
october 6 2011, 7pm
The event started on Thursday, October 6th, shortly after noon, to allow for relaxed travel to Aachen. The first day featured a Bull keynote talk as well as presentations of the current BUX members, focusing on what they do and what their burning issues are. It closed with an evening event for dinner.
The second day will include a focus session on running InfiniBand clusters as well as Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings on various HPC topics and a presentation of a Top 10 Issue List with Bull and other HPC vendors. It will close in the early afternoon to allow for relaxed travel back home.
We invite all BUX members to give a short presentation on what they are doing in terms of High Performance Computing. There will be six Special Interest Group meetings on the topics as detailed below, and we invite all current and future BUX members to engage in the Special Interest Group discussions and presentations:
- Advanced Architecture lead by Alex Ramirez (BSC) with Bull liaison Jean-Pierre Panziera
- Energy Efficiency & Facility Management lead by Francois Robin (CEA) with Bull liaison Jean-Pierre Panziera
- Parallel File Systems lead by Klaus Wolkersdorfer (FZJ) with Bull liaison Philippe Couvee
- Applications, Programming Environment & Compilers lead by Iain Miller (AWE) with Bull liaison Pascale Rosse
- System Management Software, Performance & Monitoring lead by Stephan Wonczak (RRZK) with Bull liaison Philippe Couvee
The agenda find here as pdf >>>
Aachen is a historic spa city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, with about 260000 inhabitants. It is the westernmost city of Germany, adjacent to Belgium and the Netherlands, 65 km west of Cologne. Aachen has a rich history and is famous for its hot springs , the impressive Aachen Cathedral and many other historical buildings. Aachen hosts the well-known RWTH Aachen University with an excellent reputation in and outside of Germany. See Aachen at Google Maps here.
Sightseeing in Aachen
Travel and Hotels
The hotel „Mercure am Dom“ offers a discount rate of 83 € for a single room (including breakfast) if you make the reservation before September 6th, 2011 and give the keyword “BUX”.
Please reserve either via
- phone:+49 (0)241 1801 2954
- or fax: +49 (0)241 1801 2998
The hotel is conveniently located in the city of Aachen and in walking distance from the evening event (and about 2km walking distance from the Center for Computing and Communication). The allocation is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
We also provide a list of other hotel options in Aachen, including a map, here.